Friday, October 31, 2014

Our Mims Retirement Haven has a 2015 calendar available now!

Exciting Bucket


Our Mims Retirement Haven has a 2015 calendar available for purchase now. The calendar includes a photo I took of the newest member of the OMRH herd, Exciting Bucket. Proceeds benefit the Haven. If you want to learn more about the mares (and gelding) of OMRH, then check out my April 2014 piece about this wonderful place.

Unfortunately, resident Bel's Starlet passed away after an illness on October 23. I met her in April and noticed that she rarely left the side of her good friend, Arc Bar Miss. Arc Bar Miss passed away over the summer and it was noted by OMRH founder Jeanne Mirabito that Bel's Starlet never quite appeared the same after the loss of her friend.

I didn't use the below photo in my article about OMRH, but after learning of Bel's passing, I found it and shared it with Jeanne. Rest in peace, ladies.


Bel's Starlet (R) & Arc Bar Miss (L) - together again.


No comments: